Your car depends on you, too, to help keep it running strong. We recommend periodic tune-ups and maintenance to help keep your car safe, performing well, and dependable. Regular maintenance can also help spot a potential problem or diagnose a performance issue - whether it's a funny vehicle sound, smell, or behavior. Every car has different needs; we check your specific manufacturer's manual and updates for tune-up requirements. Our certified technicians use state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment to diagnose most problems and provide a complete estimate of the work before any repairs are performed.
- Check industry bulletins, manufacturer recall information, and
tune- up specifications
- Identify symptoms of engine performance problems
- Obtain trouble codes from your on board computer (if applicable)
- Once the Engine Diagnostic Service is complete, our technicians
perform only the repairs that you authorize
- Perform a computerized analysis of your engine's major systems
- Perform a visual inspection of your engine's major components
- Provide a detailed report of our findings and discuss potential
solutions with you
- Road test your vehicle again to ensure complete satisfaction
- Road test your vehicle to verify problems
You expect prompt service and a courteous, competent staff. Wheelock’s Service has been meeting these expectations for many years.
To keep your vehicle running smoothly, routine maintenance is an absolute necessity. Maintenance will help you avoid major breakdowns (and major repair bills) and help your vehicle perform at its peak. Not to mention helping your vehicle keep its resale value over time.
- Spark Plugs & Wires
- Fluid Exchanges and Flushes
- And more!
Call today for an estimate:
Click. Vrr-vrr. Silence. Not what you want to hear when you're on your way somewhere. Get your starting or charging problem fixed fast at Wheelock's.
•Extreme temperatures affect your vehicle's ability to start
•Vehicle makes terrible sound when trying to start and then doesn't start
•Vehicle needs to be jump started
•Vehicle starts slowly or takes several tries to start
Any of these conditions may indicate the need for auto service or repairs to your vehicle's starting and charging system.
A starting or charging problem could be caused by a number of things, and Wheelock's ASE certified master technicians will do a complete inspection and provide you a detailed analysis.
•Check for loose and worn chains, timing belt, and gears
•Check for loose connections
Perform an electrical system test - including checking the alternator, starter, battery and battery cables.
Batteries only last so long. If your battery needs replacing, Wheelock's will recycle your old battery and install a new, high-quality Parts Master or Interstate Battery.
Did you know that heat is harder on batteries than the cold is? Engines are easier to start in the summer than in the winter time and that is why battery problems don't show up until winter time.
Many battery problems can be traced to poor connections and/or excessive corrosion build up on the battery posts.
At Wheelock's, our trained ASE-certified technicians will:
• Apply an anti-corrosion spray to prevent any further build up
• Clean the battery terminals
• Remove the corrosion
This service combined with a new battery is a simple and efficient way to insure starts in any weather.
The oil in your car lubricates the engine and keeps all the parts running smoothly. Over time, the oil gets dirty, thick and sometimes even sludgy. You don't want that flowing through and clogging up an expensive piece of machinery!
You know you need an oil change when:
• It's been a year since you've had your oil changed
• Your oil level is low
• Your oil, when you check the level, is dark black-brown on the stick
• You've driven more than 3,000 miles since your last oil change (check your vehicle manual for ideal miles driven between changes)
Wheelock's will choose the type of oil that's best for your vehicle, usually as recommended by the manufacturer.
With each oil change we will also:
• Change the oil filter. Changing the filter keeps your oil cleaner longer
• Inspect your air filter and recommend replacement only if needed
Check your vital fluid levels, such as battery water, automatic transmission fluid, coolant/antifreeze, and brake fluid.
The technology behind vehicle headlights, turn signals, and tail-lights has improved dramatically over the last couple decades. So has the quality and effectiveness of windshield wipers to keep your driving view all clear. A good thing, considering many accidents happen because someone just didn't see the vehicle in time.
To be as safe as possible, keep your exterior lights and your windshield wipers fully functional. Here's how:
• Check your headlights and tail-lights - break lights and turning signals too - regularly for dim, flickering or burned out bulbs
• Keep your headlights and tail-lights clean. Dust, mud, or other debris can reduce illumination
• Once a year, request to have your headlights' alignment checked to ensure they're aimed in the right direction.
•Replace your windshield wipers once per year (before the rainy season is always a good idea!) and/or as soon as they no longer clear the windshield effectively. Streaking, blurring, skipping, or tearing rubber are definite signs you need new wipers
If you have any questions or concerns about your vehicle's lights or need replacement windshield wipers, give Wheelock's a call. It's likely we have the part you need in stock and we can have you in and out quickly.