Regardless of your odometer reading, Wheelock's can help keep your engine in original-performance condition. We perform all internal engine repairs from head gaskets and valve jobs to complete engine replacements. Your engine light on your dashboard is an early indicator of a potential engine problem. It's best to get a diagnostic test as soon as the light comes on, even if you don't have any obvious engine symptoms.
- Dark exhaust smoke or exhaust is "spitting"
- Engine makes clicking, rattling or hammering noises
- Engine pings or knocks, and the sound gets worse on acceleration
- Engine runs rough while idling
- Uses excessive water or oil
- Vehicle uses a lot more gas than it used to
- Vehicle doesn't accelerate normally
Unusual sounds from the engine can be caused by any number of issues, from simple to complex, including:
- Fuel or oil has gotten into the air charge of the cylinders
- Loose, worn or broken engine parts
- Malfunctioning valves or timing parts
“We got our reputation by being honest with the customers. If we can’t fix it, we will let them know up front instead of wasting their time."
- Jess Wheelock
Even if you feel something's not quite right with your engine, but you're not sure how to explain it, give us a call. Our ASE certified technicians will ask you some questions and when you bring it in, give it a test drive to help us diagnose any issues.
Call today for an estimate: